Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

The performance and the goal are the first steps to back in business and to become a key player for us after five years in charge. I trust in him.

I would question his minerals though.

I would wait for him to actually contribute consistently in games that matter, before drawing any conclusions on this guy. Have had too many false dawns with the likes of him, Wilshere, Theo.

:rosicky::cech::bellerin::coq::arteta: ***

Nice piece of skill on a goal against Chivas. Has had some good runs. Just needs to add consistency to his game.

1 Like

He had an excellent game overall, even beyond the goal.

I still donā€™t think he has the football IQ, decision making, and composure to succeed at top level. The game gets too fast for him mentally. Iā€™d love to be wrong but that will continue to be my belief until he proves otherwise in matches that count.

2 Likes

Pre-season godā€¦ If only he could actually score these goals during the season.

4 Likes

Yeah. The hope is he can make some things happen against lower sides in some games where we need goals, and in that way be a useful player. Iā€™m thinking of Norwich in 13-14 (or was it 12-13?) for instance where he came on when we were losing and made things happen and we came back to win.

But god, we could really use some quality on the right side. Ox and Joel are just not good enough, such poor options for a top side. Iwobi who knows but youā€™d have to group him in with those two conservatively. Have no idea why Wilshere didnā€™t play, he is our one real hope for genuine quality on the right if he could mature as a player and stay fit (two massive ifs of course), since Ramsey will probably never be satisfied playing on the right and Wenger will continue to shoehorn him into the middle.

Hereā€™s to hoping we sign Mahrez and Lacazette before the window closes and we at least can claim we filled our most obvious of holes.

1 Like

Another wonderful goal by Ox, heā€™s really going for it pre-season, looks like heā€™s on a mission. Canā€™t wait to see what heā€™ll do for us in the league this season.

1 Like

Yep, just feels like another false dawn.

From the slump he is in, It will be a slow process but i really hope he fulfills his potential.

Jesus itā€™s like some people want him to fail.

As long as he can avoid injury, he will be very productive for us.

4 Likes

I have hope for Ox but Iā€™m just keeping grounded as its only a couple of pre season games.

Should be important for him to keep this performance level not only during the pre-season but during the season. Wenger was right, he has the qualities to be one of best right winger around the Europe.

I refuse to think which Leroy SanĆØ is better than him. I refuse that and I totally trust in Ox.

OX has far more potential that the likes of Walcott had in my opinion. The only thing that has set him back is injuries, if he can stay injury free for a couple of seasons I personally think he will be regular in the 1st team and 10-15 goals a season, similar to Alexis on the other side.

1 Like

I agree. But I feel like itā€™s become wishful thinking to expect him to stay injury free.

Agreed, he is injury prone which is a massive worry. Hopefully he is over the worst and can keep out of trouble.

Heā€™s looking good ,lets hope he can stay fit, and put a shift in for a whole season !
I had very high hopes for this guy but his attitude stunk the place out last year !
Has the potential to do great things ,its time we saw him in full flow !

He has a ā€œslight knee problemā€, that could be anything from a bruise to an ACL tear, he was only supposed to be out for a matter of days last pre-season.

Until he puts on a string of decent performances against Prem opposition, I am not holding my breath. Been thinking he would break out for a couple of years and he just ends up driving me crazy.

2 Likes