Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

**[quote=“AbouCuellar, post:153, topic:104, full:true”]
Literally hasn’t a fucking clue how to combine.
[/quote]

Can you tell that from Blink picture. Might be a bit harsh that.

1 Like

No, and his time is running out for me. On the other hand what other clubs do is they loan a player like this to some lower club because they’re not reliant on kids to deliver to such a degree. It was something we couldn’t afford (squad depth wise) to do because we weren’t able to buy much better players until recently. Now we’re seeing players like Jack go on loan, something that I could never imagine us do 5 years ago, then all those types of players made our starting eleven.

tl:dr; I think we would’ve loaned him out 2-3 seasons ago if we had a finished squad back then.

We spent 15m on him when we apparently had no money. Pull the other one. :joy:

2 Likes

We sold Nasri and Cesc the same window. That’s my other one, don’t let the door hit you on the way out. I’m sure you know how addition and subtraction works.

1 Like

The amazing thing is that he has so little involvement in the game. Its not just that he often makes the wrong decision with the ball but that he puts himself into a position to receive the ball in a productive way so rarely.

You simply can’t play modern football with one of your front four players completely uninvolved and providing no threat to the defense whatsoever. Wenger’s persistence with him is mindboggling given what we consistently see on the pitch.

1 Like

I prefer to think it was just some random guy/gal who snuck in while they were asleep. With no knowledge of who Ox was or the implications but just had a passion for house invading people and taking photo’s of them spooning. Maybe posted them the photo a week later just to really fuck with their shit.

At the very least then it might explain why his head is fucking fried.

True and the same can be applied to Walcott, he’s anonymous most if not all the time.

3 Likes

I’m looking at Ox’s stats and passing chart for this match on fourfourtwo.com and its even worse than I thought. He only played 19 passes all match and only 11 were successful. For comparison, Iwobi played 44 passes, 39 successful. Ox also only played 5 forward passes in the attacking third and only one of those actually reached its target. He truly offered nothing out there.

1 Like

Ox has been in company of Sanchez for 2 seasons now.
He should have been learning from him as to how to use his virtues & become a contributing player.
wasting his opportunities.

1 Like

Lol. We certainly didn’t sell them because we needed the money. They left weeks after he signed too so you’re talking directly from your ass here.

The alternative is that signing a 15m quid teenager put us in such financial peril that we had to sell two of our best players for 50m+. I know i dont believe that even if I can indeed add and subtract.

4 Likes

To start the next game again. Go on the Ox!!!

1 Like

Don’t embarrass yourself further, we knew they were leaving beforehand. They didn’t just run it past office 5 mins before they stepped in a taxi. Well maybe Nasri did, he sure was a cunt. We bought a bunch of other players as well and still made money net. Because insertstadiumargument is a well known fact and frankly a bore to argue about by now.

You say it as though 15m was a straight cash payment & no installments were involved.
Also pretty sure 15m comprised of conditions like English caps, amount of appearances, trophies etc.

We were able to spend 10-15m on a player back then, just not your big money 25-35m signings with heavy wages.

And our best use of that cash was 15m on a 17 year old? Good business that, right @morrisc311?

@Trion it doesn’t really matter how much we actually spent on the day he signed, the fact is he was a luxury signing when we were supposed to be broke. Its just bollocks.

Edit: and i said as much at the time, if we had restricted resources we shouldn’t have been spending them on a teenager who had done very little of note.

2 Likes

Ox’s game isn’t running behind the defence/off the ball. He doesn’t do this at all, really, never has. The pass Sánchez played into him before he comically fluffed his lines was the first time in recent memory I can remember him getting in behind the defence off the ball. But in their respective Arsenal careers Nasri was more likely to get in behind from a pass than Ox. It’s not his game at all.

Ox is literally useless. Can’t combine. Zero end product. His one effective trait is dribbling and it’s rendered useless by the fact that nothing ever comes of it.

The fact he is still here is a joke, frankly, nearly a joke the size of keeping-Flamini-last-season (-and-proceeding-to-actually-play-him-loads) proportions. The fact that Wenger sees something in him and continues to play him when he’s well out of his depth is another sign that he is either a) flawed at judging/rating players at this point or b) incapable of seeing past his ‘investment’/sentimentality in/with certain players.

He gonna silence the doubters soon. One of the best young talents we’ve had. Much better than Fatnbry.

1 Like

Very true tbh. My thought process was that his main asset is straight line speed, his whole approach to dribbling is to knock it forward a fair distance and out pace the opponent, by that I assume he could easily be utilised in the same manor in which the pass you mentioned.

I certainly don’t think he is good enough for us and he did nothing to change my opinion. Which I am truely gutted with. :frowning:

I think what I dislike AOC the most is his general attitude. Not just on the pitch just him in general. He isn’t thoughtful he is ‘all about the banter’ all about goofing around and ‘being a lad’ FUCK OFF! How about concentrate on being fucking sensible for a change and knuckle down and learn, you are being paid millions! As far as I can see he is taking no proactive steps to make himself better but he is very good on being on social media giving goofy interviews and generally fucking around. Spend that time making yourself a better footballer. It seems to be the English young kids mentality, they have to prove how much of a lad they are, they have to be flash go clubbing act tough and immature and have a good time, you have plenty of time and money for that when you fucking retire.

They’re not footballers anymore but “Celebrities”. I really don’t mind that IF they keep their “job” as their priority (Ronaldo could be a great example).

What I dislike about Ox is not only his non-existent improvement, but his attitude when we concede/lose possession/things go wrong. For a “ultra-flash-dench-lad” he’s spectacularly weak, so maybe that’s why he needs to be cool to compensate his fragile mentality.

Watch him the next time he looses the ball and begins strolling and giving zero f*cks about it. Or next time we concede a goal watch him waive his arms in discontent and defeat like a spoiled child. How many times have we conceded a goal from a mistake from him and he just doesn’t take responsibility at all? Too many for my liking.

A lot of people complain about Giroud being a moaner but he’s nowhere near as bad as Ox, at least Giroud moans and immediately he’s up and running and chasing the ball but Ox? Not his style.

I’ve said a few times before that I will not criticize Ox and will try to be patient, waiting for him to deliver at least like Song did, or Ramsey, or even Monreal. But I’m running out of patience at an alarming pace.

5 Likes

If Len were here, sure he would strongly disagree.
He had an opposite opinion on Giroud :giroud2: