Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

We should already have his replacement and then play hardball with him. Either way, it seems he doesn’t want to extend anyway and I’m not entirely fussed from his side at all. Just wish we got our act together and signed a worthy replacement.

1 Like

Our 3rd best attacking player with all 11 goals in his entire career or whatever it is

At the start of last season I thought he would start to show some consistency and prove that he can perform at the top level more than just a few times a season, and at the end of the season he actually did put in some very good performances.
So this season and in the pre season friendlies he carried on the good form.
That, as well as Walcott, Ramsey, Iwobi and Welbeck, not being as good, and clearly Sanchez, Ozil and Cazorla not being here after this season, means he will be our best attacking player.

Also, as @Oliver said, the fact that there are several other top managers that rate him quite highly, would indicate he must have something that they think is worth buying him for.

Saying that, I thought the same about Walcott a couple of seasons ago, so what do I know?

What ever happens, it’s a shame that a club of our stature won’t have a world class player after this season and that Chamberlain could be our best player.

1 Like

Who do you think is our third best attacking player?

2 Likes

Obviously he thinks Theo who is more prolific and productive than the great Robert Pires.

1 Like

I know the only position the ox should start ahead of any of giroud, lacazette, welbeck, iwobi, Sanchez, ozil or Walcott is wing back so I definately wouldn’t call the ox our 3rd best attacking player

I’m actually with Kaner in on this one in the regard that the only position Ox is quality at is RWB.

1 Like

He might be a top quality RWB but he is there for his attacking abilities mainly, and if Wenger persists with him in that position I can see him leaving.

Yea ox is good at attacking alright, just not much use at doing anything decent when in those attacking positions.

Then sell him, RWB is the only position where he hasn’t been dogshit.

5 Likes

:joy: That’s perfect.

I just wonder how much would the Ox improve under a manager like Mourinho or Conte or Guardiola or Ferguson. Are his failings as an attacking player all down to him just not having the talent or is he not getting the right guidance from the Arsenal coaching staff, including Wenger?

So you want to make a player no one rated 6 months ago our highest owner? Otherwise we probably don’t have a choice, his contracts up next summer.

Players historically have played they’re best football under Wenger nevermind where they’ve moved too. See Henry, Fabregas, RVP, Vieira, Petit, Overmars etc. The only ones who didn’t are those who couldn’t break through like Vela.

Ox’s poor decision making is due to his lack of intelligence and guile. In time with experience it may improve but I doubt it will ever be a strength.

1 Like

I’m definitely more in the sell him camp now. Keeping someone who has had about 15 top class performances in 6 years when teams are offering upwards of £30m for him just doesn’t seem like good business.

I think Arseblog made a good point, if you flip it around – say if Arsenal were to spend £35m on a player with 9 league goals and 14 assists in 6 seasons, would we be excited about that? I certainly wouldn’t.

Going forward, Bellerin should be our future at RWB, and especially at RB if we do revert back to a back 4, and Ox isn’t much good in any other position. Yes he has some good qualities and yes we’ve invested a lot of time in him but he’s not indispensable, and certainly not good enough to keep around for a year and miss out on a transfer fee for.

3 Likes

People arent interested in ox the winger. They are howevrr interested in ox the wing-back.

Why is this concept so alien to people.

4 Likes

Ox is our best wng back. Would rather him RWB than Bella at this current time.

1 Like

It’s not alien at all. I acknowledged that his best position was at RWB – though we’ve only had a handful of games to judge that. I get that selling him to a rival is not ideal. But if he won’t sign a contract he’ll end up going to one of them on a free next summer anyway. I just don’t think he is worth £35m for 1 extra season.

Tomorrow are the big talks with Gazidis and Wenger, so some club mole will no doubt slip something to the press about how it appeared to go. I think he’s 100% not signing and the interest from Liverpool and Chelsea must be pretty appealing to him