Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Of course we arent chasing a RB/RW/RWB.

Bellerin and Ox represent fantastic depth and potential in that role. Lock them down and move on. If however we did need to replace them, there is enough time and availability on the market to source a replacement.

Our club has enough problems at the moment without needing to create another by selling people actively starting for us.

We probably should though, planning a season ahead or just have Iwobi start more.

No doubt, I never said otherwise. Iā€™m more worried about Ox moving away from Arsenal without us getting anything out of it and if we had to replace him that it would be of right quality. As much as the market has enough wingers or wingbacks, weā€™d still be looking to get an actual starter for the team and not to add another back up.

True true, which is why I said itā€™s too late to do so. If we had plans on cashing in on him we should have done so months ago, to make sure that we have the right replacement in place.

Itā€™s not just Chelsea.
Guardiola and Klopp are both admirers of Chamberlain.
In fact, after Sanchez and Ozil leave, he will be our best attacking midfielder.
We must get him to sign a new contract.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/900050866656464897

No. They are adding Chamberlain to a very strong core with Courtois, Fabregas, Kante and Hazard among other pleyers. Chamberlain will have another ā€˜meaningā€™ for them than he has for us.

Or maybe heā€™s a very good wing back that happens to be one of the leagueā€™s best at ball progression?

Literally what he does for us, everyone now wants.

There are different ways for ā€˜ball progression.ā€™ Oxā€™s way is one but if we ever want to get back to playing good football (doubtful, under Wenger, but still) itā€™s not the right one for us. Heā€™s a good fit for Chelseaā€™s direct style, I agree.

Would sooner go back to four at the back anyways. To turn down Ā£40m for an extremely flawed player who isnā€™t really an option with 4 at the back because heā€™s not really a defender is tantamount to madness. Weā€™re not winning anything this season so we shouldnā€™t be too concerned with making Chelsea marginally stronger.

1 Like

His final ball leaves to much to be desired to call him ā€˜very goodā€™. Because Chelsea has a much stronger team his weaknesses are less exposed. I do see him doing good things at Chelsea, because of the structure Conte build. Does that make him very good? I donā€™t believe so.

Chamberlain would thrive at Liverpool.

1 Like

Heā€™s a decent wing back, yes. But letā€™s be honest thereā€™s 2 reasons teams want him, 1) Heā€™s homegrown 2) They can steal a player off a rival and maybe weaken us as a result.

Thatā€™s why we shouldnā€™t sell him to a rival team.
What sort of signal does that send out to prospective transfers if we sell all our best players?

Canā€™t be any worse than losing all our best players for free. Either way itā€™s a really bad signal.

1 Like

if he goes we can use nelson, far better going forward scores more and better defensively tooā€¦or we can just buy a fucking decent replacement for once

Jaysus. Really? After a few performances against a bunch of nobodies in the u23s?

Youā€™ve been saying this, or a variant of it, a lot lately. I might just be unaware of your long term position on this, but when exactly did you start rating Oxlade Chamberlain as highly as being our third best attacking player? [AKB]Is it since it started looking likely that heā€™d leave?[/AKB]

1 Like

how fucking long has AOC been with us he scores like 3-4 goals a season if that, Nelson is far more prolific and look at how much more dynamic he is a lot quicker on the ball and thinks quicker. Not saying he is the absolute option as i stated buy a decent replacement but i think nelson has what it takes to surpass AOC easily.

Right now he is nothing more than a good youth prospect. He has zero professional goals so no, heā€™s not more prolific.

Iā€™m absolutely not against selling ox but touting Nelson as a ready made replacement/improvement is certainly overstating things.

1 Like

why notā€¦because of his age, because he is still raw? How the fuck is he gonna get better until he gets his chance, sure a lot of people were saying the same about bellerin not being able to replace debuchy etc. People are acting that it is gonna be hard to replace AOC, its AOC ffs not bloody thiago silva.

:henry2:

3 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s going to be hard to replace ox. I just donā€™t think we should be considering Reiss Nelson, who has played one senior game, as his replacement.

If heā€™s good enough heā€™ll make it, we shouldnā€™t be forcing senior football on him for the sake of it at 17 years old.