Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

It’s true you could be like Xhaka and have no skills whatsoever and have no athleticism or dynamism either.

Caught up with my gooner friend today who, disclaimer, was a defender so has a particular obsession with team shape and defending and tactics, but he was absolutely fuming at Ox, thought that Bellerín was the less shit of the two, that a wing back in this formation has to know when to go and when not and that Ox has no idea, that all of our offensive build-up play was down the left because Ox can’t combine, that his few eye-catching moments cover up the fact he is positionally a disaster, and that, in short, Wenger should’ve benched Ox and played Bellerín on the right and Kolasanic on the left.

Not sure how much I agree with this, but it’s food for thought. Thoughts from you lot? (That doesn’t include you, Curt :wink: :kissing_heart:)

1 Like

That doesn’t sound like Ox :ox:

for a split second there i thought you put cunt…was thinking who are you calling a cunt lol

Lol thats a bullshit story, no way an arrogant little shit cunt like you has friends.

:grimacing:

Not bad if we keep him.

£40m for Ox…if that’s true that’s quite tough to turn down.

(ah, it’s the Daily Star. C’mon @Burgundy)

We aren’t going to get anyone better for 40m so keep him.
There is no guarantee Sanchez and Ozil will perform knowing they could leave at the end of the season and Chamberlain is our only other decent attacking midfielder, so it is essential he stays.
I still feel this could be a big season for him.

worlds gone bonkers when a bang average guy like this can earn £125k a week (reportedly the offer he’s been made to stay)

geez

2 Likes

Even in this market for Ox £40 mil is a lot please get rid of we are really getting those kinds of bids for him ffs

2 Likes

I’d probably class it as a bad transfer window if we end up selling him to Chelsea, plus we miss out as now expected on all of Seri, Lemar, Mahrez. At one point it was looking like being one of our best in years

1 Like

4 Likes

Being objective here, if Chelsea want him does that not inspire some of you to reflect on your judgement of Ox?

1 Like

I tried this. Doesnt work

Alexis is a star; it is arguable that a season of Alexis is worth £50m to Arsenal. Oxlade-Chamberlain is a squad player, and someone you cannot justify refusing £35m for.

4 Likes

It’s too late to sell him anyway, especially so without having an alternative. We’re going to be stuck in a situation where signing him to a new contract will be the best option available.

It most certainly isn’t too late.

Depends on how you want to replace him but if you’re looking for another RB Ricardo Pereira is still at Porto with a €25m release clause.

He was the ideal replacement for Walker imo but I didn’t expect them to be able to sign Aurier.

Only if you have much hope of us finding someone that isn’t going to be a squad player again. We are 9 days away from the window shutting and we don’t seem to be after anyone of real quality right now, not in the RWB or RW position.

I’d probably prefer a winger tbh, but I’m not sure we’re really after one this summer anymore. It seems like the main targets are either not available or are being bought by other clubs.

1 Like