Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

I agree the number 1 reason we are soooooooooooooooo fucking bloated with shit/mediocre players is that we give them chance after chance after chance to improve get nowhere then they start doing he very basics quite well and because we have been starved of said players doing anything useful when they do it is like wooooow we are getting the player he should be.

Then it is like, give them another contract so they can continue and show their worth, their contract signed they drop off with a few stellar performances so ā€˜we should keep themā€™ then they put a string of reasonably good performances together then hold the club to ransom when they have been utter shit and at best mediocre for the best part of 3-5 years. Then we panic when they are threatening to leave or havenā€™t renewed FUCK THEM, the whole fucking reason we are in this perpetual shit every season is we have players that turn it on when they feel like then also in the same vein donā€™t give a fuck the following match then either agitate for a move or do a Walcott ā€˜contract renewal time lets play really well!ā€™

FUCK THAT, none of this current squad really are desperately important even Alexis we have shown to cope without in general to be honest if you donā€™t wanna be here just kindly fuck right off because in general 95% of the squad arent worth a new contract anyway!

1 Like

Iā€™m sure it hasnā€™t been explicitly said by the player, however, the stance from Oxā€™s side is that heā€™s stalling because he wants a pay rise + a guarantee of a starting role in CM.

Ā£35M+ is enough to begin seriously thinking about offloading him, regardless of the team. Speculative, but I really donā€™t see him turning into an Alexis tier player in the future and given his limitations right now, we could be doing a lot better.

Itā€™s a gamble, and at 24 years old (tomorrow!) heā€™s entering a stage where he either propels or simply stalls in progression. Giving him a 5 year contract on Ā£100K+ and possibly stagnating in this time should be seriously considered.

1 Like

Letā€™s sell Ox for Ā£35m but send them Gibbs instead. They canā€™t tell them apart at the Bridge.

25 Likes

Why do Chelsea want to buy Ox if he is so mediocre?

They might recognize something in him, but he is definitely mediocre, sometimes dipping into good, for Arsenal.

Because they need English players and all English players just so happen to be average.

I reckon Ox would be a pretty good signing for Chelsea given how small their squad is, heā€™s home grown can cover a positions and also coming into the prime of his career.

1 Like

I like the kid, but it is still too early to make him first choice. Letā€™s see how he behaves in the League Cup and the Europa League first.

Promise him first choice RWB and extend him. Right now weā€™re stronger than a rival in that position and the tables would turn if he was sold to them. Much better than Bellerin and Moses.

3 Likes

What pisses me off the most is that the club is saying we need to sell players but then putting everyone off the likes of Perez and Gibbs etc. by haggling over a couple fucking million but then completely ready to sell Oxlade-Chamberlain to one of our biggest rivals when Chelski look ready to get absolutely fucked for squad depth.

If weā€™re so ready to fuck off Ā£25m for Perez and Gibbs we may as well fuck off Ā£35m for Ox and NOT strengthen one of our rivals, especially as Ox still plays a role for us as a RWB/LWB. Sure, heā€™s not world class but he still plays a part for us, weā€™ve utilised him a lot and thereā€™s no point in shipping him off to Chelsea to supplement their squad. Just let him see his contract out and then let him go. Thereā€™s going to be enough competition this season alone, no need to make it harder for ourselves. Who replaces Ox? Jenkinson? Debuchy? Reiss Nelson? Letā€™s be serious, heā€™s 17 years old and had good minutes in our pre-season friendlies but even fucking Sanogo scored 4 goals in a pre-season game once.

7 Likes

Playing him at LWB like we did in the cup final and against Leicester is mere shoehorning. He actually thrives at RWB so why not just utilise him where he offers a genuine importance to the success of the side?

I know our CB situation was shit against Leicester but we could have gone with a more natural full back at the LWB position and kept the Ox on the right.

1 Like

Iā€™ve turned the other way now and actually agree.

Itā€™s fucking Chamberlain! 35M is incredible for a limited player who doesnā€™t want to re-sign

People are missing the point, it would make Chelsea stronger at a position that we are currently stronger than them inā€¦ Besides what are we go to do with the 35 million apart from watch it sit in cash reserves ?

1 Like

On the basis that (i) he doesnā€™t want to extend his contract; (ii) we have a player who is more suited and has a higher ceiling in the position he is currently being deployed (i.e. Bellerin at RWB); and (iii) he wonā€™t drastically improve our rivals to our detriment (which almost always used to happen) then Ā£35m is a good deal. What we will do with that Ā£35m remains to be seen but if the player is going to go for free next season and it doesnā€™t massively impact us this season then that seems like a simple enough decision to me.

I like Chamberlain but heā€™s only ever shown his potential in brief moments and whilst there is the possibility he finds his inner calm and realises his potential, I think the chance of that is rather remote.

Always stings to sell to that mob of utter fucking cunts but in some ways, I think Chamberlain being here has hindered us from buying in various positions. I think Chamberlainā€™s true value to Wenger has been his ability to cover midfield, on the flanks and at full back which has also stopped us from buying in those positions over the last couple of seasons.

7 Likes

I think Chamberlain is substantially better than Bellerin at RWB to be honest, the amount Hector has regressed in the last 12 months is deeply concerning.

1 Like

We should not sell to Chelsea. End of.

7 Likes

I dont think Chambo wants to leave anyway. Probably leveraging for better wages, Theo style. We will give it to him by Xmas. Heā€™s comfortable here and has good friends in the club. Really cant see him moving.

2 Likes

Heā€™s pretty good on his left foot anyway, deserves to continue as left wingback for the time being. Outperforming Bellerin at present. Just needs to warm to playing that position and give up on trying to be Xavi

1 Like

To be honest Iā€™d say itā€™s touch and go either he is better than victor moses, maybe slightly but theirs not much in it

2 Likes

He has definitely been practicing on his left. Before he was never confident on crossing with his left and always checked back on his right. Noticing him using his weaker foot a lot more now.