Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

100% agree. There’s not much homegrown talent that can get into the top 4 teams. Spurs seem to have the majority.

He made 16 league starts for us last season and 9 the season before, so it’s hardly like staying here is to guaranteed to do wonders for his career. Playing a few less for Chelsea/City and being in the CL and being on more money, why not? It doesn’t look to me like he’d be doing any worse for himself at another club.

He got a right wing back spot during a Bellerin spell of awful form / injury. He got some games on the wing when we should have bought an improvement on Walcott and didn’t and he got games at CM because we should’ve bought a replacement for Cazorla and didn’t.

If I was him I’d be definitely looking for something new this summer. Either a step up to a better team’s bench or a sensible move somewhere like Everton where he’ll get a decent wage and play and probably be appreciated.

3 Likes

Barkley to Tottenham and then Chamberlain to Everton?

My money is still on Wenger fighting hard to keep Chamberlain, whether that involves straight up lying to him about guaranteeing him 30 games in centre mid or whatever.

I bet Wenger would sell Wilshere to Everton if their was interest

I think I’d prefer to sell jack then chambo

Hope he gets a long run of games at CM alongside Xhaka. With his insane level of athleticism I could see him being the English Veratti, but better.

The trolling is probably at an all time high in terms of how boring it’s become.

3 Likes

Dumb. Ox has the potential to be exactly that. Just because I have an opinion differing from yours it doesn’t mean I’m trolling.

Ox doesn’t have the ability to become an English Verratti. They are vastly different players. Arguing otherwise isn’t even just having a different opinion. It’s outright trolling.

Impart the knowledge on me of how they are different players. I’d really like to know.

Verratti is a technically gifted central midfielder with an excellent range of passing, fantastic ability to work himself out of tight spaces and excellent intelligence on the ball that’s helped him draw comparisons to Andrea Pirlo.

Ox was a hack in central midfield. With not even half the intelligence and vision that Verratti possesses and mindless running into tight spaces that resulted in him being dispossessed.

1 Like

Nahhh he’s hardly played as a CM i think it’s difficult to judge him. I really disagree with your assesment of him there anyways. Hes still learning but he hardly gets dispossessed in midfield because one strengths is dribbling with the ball at his feet and getting out of tight spaces. The passing is an area he needs to improve upon I’ll agree with you there.

:fearful:

The english Fellaini

He’s in pretty much the same position for us when you consider he doesn’t make the starting eleven under normal circumstances. Unless he happens to play Bellerin out of the team. The genuine opportunity for a PL(/CL)-win makes Chelsea/City > Arsenal imo.

1 Like

So you’re saying the difference between Chamberlain and Veratti is that Chamberlain can’t pass, got you.

@Maxi_Gooner ok let’s play the YouTube compilation game. Somebody please watch this and then have the gaul to tell me if this guy was doing this for Nice in the french league and his name was Jean Paul Sissoko Diop OA wouldn’t be jizzing at the chance of signing him. Also @arsenescoatmaker see this video for your answer about his passing capabilities.

Jean Paul Sissoko Diop does look promising tbf

2 Likes

I don’t think their is a player in the world I’d rather sign than veratti, sorry A4TT even I can’t get behind this one

Swap veratti for Vidal in your comparison and I’m with you

1 Like

It was tiresome about a year ago tbh. The worse we do the louder A4TT trolls.

Kaner Vidal’s just as bad if not worse lol.

1 Like

Even Bendtner and Bebe look good on YouTube!

If The Ox was playing for another team and we were interested in buying him, it wouldn’t be a signing I’d be particularly excited about. But Verratti on the other hand…

1 Like

Fify

3 Likes