Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Yeah, would much rather sell him to Liverpool, he’d be a big upgrade over Moses for Chelsea at RWB, and Conte wouldn’t bother with him as a winger or CM whatsoever. At Liverpool I could see him being more of a jack of all trades, so he would be useless as he typically is as an attacker/midfielder, and good as a RWB, which would be less painful.

3 Likes

This.

Shite if he goes to Chelsea. All that CM talk sounds like bollocks then.

Ox wants a central midfield role right? If he can’t get in our midfield, he’s certainly not getting in Chelsea’s!

2 Likes

Anything above £20m is an instant “ACCEPT”. Give us some of that China money, Chavski.

Maitland-Niles to get Lexi’s RWB minutes? :hipster:

Tbf Sky Sources have been shite all summer so this could be fake news.

2 Likes

Has Maitland-Niles played there at all in pre-season? I do fancy him in that position.

we should do a swap for Fabregas

2 Likes

oooohhhhhhhhhh matroooon!

8 Likes

It would be the most hollow of victories, but seeing my Chelsea mates all u-turn on Ox would be good to see. Just a few weeks ago they all insisted that they’d prefer Moses at RWB, despite me pointing out that Moses is clearly average as fuck and really always has been. I have no affection or bias towards Ox, but I think he’d clearly be far better than Moses. Would not want to see that proven to be true.

1 Like

Hope he joins them for an inflated fee and your mates get proven correct.

So is Chamberlain not signing bc he wants more money or is he being refused a central midfield role?

I’d bin him off in either scenario really, problem is it leaves us paper thin at right back and increasingly weak in centre mid. Cazorla will never play for us again clearly, Wilshere will probably end up staying but is basically one more (guaranteed) injury away from leaving the club.

We’re going to spend the summer shedding defenders and simultaneously getting exposed in midfield

2 Likes

Fancy him near anywhere tbh. Guy is utility to the extreme. Thoroughly hope he gets a shot as wing back.

So, why bin him exactly?

Huge loss if he goes. He was immense latter of last season at RWB.

but was useless for 5 and a half years

He was learning and bulking into a machine.

He was good, but Bellerin was pretty much immediately just as good when he came back, and is quite clearly our first choice there, which doesn’t exactly leave a huge role for Ox.

RWB he looked very comfortable in but what happens the day Wenger decides 343 isn’t working for us so RWB no longer exists? We go back to Ox being a sub-par right winger? An average central midfielder? And even if we stick with 343, is he really going to displace Bellerin for an entire season? And the papers are trying to make out he doesn’t even want to be a RWB.

In my head at least this is a player that’s something like 4th choice CM, 2nd/3rd choice RW and 2nd choice RWB (I thought he did better than Bellerin but I think Bellerin seemed like he wasn’t 100%) so there’s no reason to fight to hold onto a squad player like that if there’s cash banging on the door and the potential to bring in an improvement to any of those positions he can play.

The only thing that’s turned me a bit towards him is he seemed to be one of the few showing real heart last season but I’ve seen that come and go in so many players before that I don’t trust it. He did look basically depressed on the pitch the year before after all.

While I’ll admit there’s the potential for him to maybe become a useful player to have around, I still believe we’re more likely to regret giving him 5 years of a very good salary than taking a chunk of money for him and moving on to someone else.

4 Likes

Fucking stupid to sell to a rival. Think the Ox can still have his say here.

1 Like

It’s not stupid to sell someone as limited as Ox to a rival. He isn’t going to be a key player in any title run and is an easily replaceable player.