Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

I was thinking that Chamberlain was probably at his best in his first season setting up RVP. Could it be that he’d be better with an actual proper striker or am I grasping at straws? Is he just braindead? His dribbling is beautiful which makes it all the more frustrating.

Gervinho actually had decent end product when he first came, after the AFCON it went to pot. Then he was moved to striker and actually started really well and just maybe was dropped too soon. He would of been frustrating but so is Giroud and Gervinho always found acres of space. Ozil would of loved the runs Gervais made, pity we never saw that imo.

Erm…no thanks.

1 Like

I think right now it’s just a lack of decision making that takes away his confidence. Maybe if he played at a lower level for some time and had some of his moves actually work he’d come back as a better player, but honestly I don’t know if it would be worth the effort of signing him to a new contract first just with an off chance that he’ll actually become as good as he looked earlier in his career.

Also if a proper striker would really help when he’s struggling to get the ball into the box to begin with is questionable at best.

“Didn’t really know what to do”

I love Ox.

Guess I’ve found the new club scapegoat since I lasted visited these shores, wow! :o:

I wouldn’t say Chamberlain’s had an amazing time of it, but i’d say he’s had a good pre-season and start to the season. Upward curve for him hopefully. Much more a wide player than a centre midfielder.

2 Likes

Those two English boys upfront are just the two most frustrating players in this squad.

1 Like

Ox is a funny guy and a likeable lad its just a shame he’s a bang average footballer.

3 Likes

If Ox were to be a comedian or anything media related, I bet you he would be pretty successful at that.
The guy is natural.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know why he’s still here, and what he brings to the club.

2 Likes

Iwobi came off the bench and he already took on his opponent, something Ox can only dream of.

Why does he keep playing. Watching him fuck up constantly is so painful :weary:

Worse than average. Should stick to being a “personality”, maybe starting his own cheeky chappy youtube channel.

I’m not a fan of him on the left. I would prefer to see him on the right, but Walcott is working hard and will be not simple to send him on the bench.

This should be his final season for Arsenal if he doesn’t improve drastically and so far it doesn’t look like he will. If he’s given another contract without becoming a key player to the team this season, Wenger’s only got himself to blame for having players on too big contracts that he can’t move on.

1 Like

Simply no excuse to let a player like Gnabry go and keep a player like this. @TheSpecialCnut

Shocking management.

2 Likes

Never said that we should keep him.

I stand by my point though until Gnabry has something else that a few games 2 years ago and a pointless Int tournament, I really don’t give shit.

1 Like

Wasn’t too impressed with the way he left the pitch. We have all had days at work when you’re off your game. But trudging off like that was disappointing.

Hopefully he can get his head on straight soon because Arsene won’t stop picking him.

He’ll never be anything more than a good sqaud player if that.

Simply put the players that go on to be elite have had their break out seasons already and have continued to build on it at his age, Chamberlain does not have the requisite football IQ to make that kind of step at least not at a top club, physical ability aside he is a very poor footballer. He’s made incremental improvement if at all since arriving and shows no signs of truly kicking on.

He should be out on loan to play game to game to prove himself rather than taking up a spot when someone else can offer so much more. But no the club will end up renewing him to circa 100k a week for nothing more than being English.

1 Like

One a scale of 1 to Oxlade Chamberlain how much can you overhit a cross ?