Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Barring this season it has but you’ve gotta give credit where credit’s due after all his our second most creative player in the team right now in terms of assist and one of our main attacking outlets.

You just described the Ox’s game down to a tee.

No wing back in world football hits those kinda numbers, not even Marcelo.

he’s shit mate

always has been

saying he’s one of best players in a really terrible season means jack shit

he’s been a wing back for about 4 games now all of a sudden he’s brilliant?

BS, he’s garbage and his final product is garbage, wastes so many opportunities to create a chance

must have shit in your eyes if you can’t see it

all opinions I guess, mine is he’s massively over rated and after all these years at AFC
I’m never gonna be convinced that he’s suddenly going to become great

Sorry, I’d like him sold and a much better player recruited, end of

1 Like

I was talking about an attacking forward to replace him in the squad not a wing back

ie sell him for max £millions and use that money plus extra £millions to get a creative, pacey, attacking, goal scoring wide player

not a like for like

apols did not make myself clear enough apparently

No worries it was my mistake I thought you were talking about wings backs.

Not many doubt his talent, its his consistency that is poor.

I’ve said a few times that I would rather keep him than Walcott but unti he proves he can string together more than just a few good performances, he cannot be considered a first team regular.

Wenger obviously feels the same because he isn’t a regular starter for us.

He is not a youth player with potential any more, he is at an age where he should be putting in performances like he did yesterday more often than not.

Used to call him Alex Arsehole-Chamberlain because he was so frustrating but now he’s playing like a beast. He’s been good in CM and RWB this season.

The favorite player of mine that I hope proves me wrong. I was convinced his brainlessness would lead him nowhere, but perhaps the slightly protected and freer role of wingback has suited him. No questioning his physical abilities and I have noted his technique is better than he shows, but let’s be honest, he was pretty dreadful for the vast majority of his Arsenal career so far… let’s hope regression to the mean doesn’t catch up to him like it did with Le Coq and Ramsey, et al.

and since moving to CM and RWB especially, he has been.

Consistency is measured over more than a period of just a few games.
Like I said before, I would rather keep Chamberlain ahead of quite a few under performing players and if Wenger has found a position for him after only seven or eight seasons of trying, then he might be a success here.

I still like him as our Santi replacement at CM. In fact he and Santi together in midfield would be fucking amazing. Ox has the talent to be like a Veratti, Kroos type. I imagine our best team could look something like this next season, assuming Sanchez is gone but Özil stays.

--------------------Cech------------------
Holding--------Kosh---------Mustafi
Bellerin—Ox---------Santi—Nacho
-------------Özil----------Iwobi-----------
------------------Welbeck-----------------

I’m going to warn you ahead but the next 5 responses you get will be about this part of your post :laughing:

As far as Ox goes, good for him that he’s finally finding some form, though I think his performances in CM are a little overrated, but whatever. With Wenger staying it’s pretty much guaranteed that Ox will stay too, so one can only hope that Ox finds consistency and becomes a good enough winger to play the opposite role to a great one.

2 Likes

Well, athletically Ox is a freak and to compare those two players to him in that aspect, it’s not even an a question.

Well, athleticism is hardly Kroos standout strength. Maybe if Ox adds the vision, passing and ball/game control to his game we could be close, but right now they’re not quite the same type.

I could honestly do without knowing anything about his love life, couldn’t be less interested in his relationship with some average popstar lol

1 Like

:ox: 10/10 would bang :giroud2:

Watching that cringeworthy shit I can’t help but think him and Jenks done the exact same thing.

2 Likes

So what you are really saying is, you will sell him and get a better player. Hell mister, I will sell Alexis and Ozil and get better players if it was that straight forward.

The point is, in the current squad, the way we are playing, there is no one better at doing what he is. So in the current context, I think he is doing rather well. But hey, if we are talking about a complete squad overhaul over the summer where we get rid of all our average players and bring in guaranteed better players, then by all means get rid of him too.

2 Likes

Yes, I’d be looking for an upgrade - you’re NOT telling me that there aren’t better players than him that we could get right?

I just can’t stand his wastefulness, it really grinds my gears when over runs the ball, crosses beyond the back stick or behind the goalie. Yes, he’s provided two great crosses this season, but if you gave me enough chances I’d produce you a couple of good crosses from those positions. That is not strong enough evidence to support keeping him.

All of a sudden, because we switched to 3 at the back, he’s now indispensable? Nah, I’m not having it. He’s barely improved his final ball in 6 years, he’s not suddenly going to become a crossing master just coz we changed system.

We can and should be doing much better. There’s a massive opportunity to improve the team.

Yes, we need an overhaul. Fresh players that are significantly better than the ones we got in several positions.

The need is to be strategic in how you go about it. Oxlade carries a premium price tag right now, one that hugely overestimates his effect on teamperformance. A smart club would use that to create a chain effect of moving out the dross and bringing in fresh talent without breaking the bank.

Get the idea I don’t like him? lolololol

anyway, they’ll probably keep him because he’s been transformed in 5 games despite being shit for 6 seasons

it’s called recency bias