Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Dare i say, sounds like a leader.

1 Like

Worked hard into an unusual role for him, some wrong decisions, great fighting spirit, spoken as leader during the post match. Has been not useful, more or less, for five years but we canā€™t lose him now when he started to perform.

#KeepTheOx

3 Likes

Victor Moses for Chelsea and even Valencia for United (albeit heā€™s got vast experience at RB) have shown that natural wingers can adapt to this formation if the team is set up right.

Iā€™d much prefer Ox in this position long term than being a CM option. All depends if (1) This formation is a long term plan and (2) Chambo actually wants to be here next season. The latter could depend on the first if Ox is promised a role there.

4 Likes

Thought he had no actual end product again though. So maybe being a wing back suits him.

1 Like

This my dood right here. We better not fucking sell bae. Love his comments after the match too. But nah fuck it letā€™s sell one of the few in the locker room who take responsibility.

2 Likes

Is it just me or does it feel like he is out to prove something? Maybe making himself more attractive to clubs that might be interested. Definitely had one of his best games in an Arsenal shirt in recent times against Boro. I still have faith in him although am not sure what his best position is. His pace and running with ball make him so much better than Theo on the wings.

Like I said before, if we are going to sell him, I would rather see Theo, Ramsey, Jenkinson, Gibbs, Wilshere sold before him.

1 Like

23 years old and in his 6th season at the club, but youā€™re not sure what his best position isā€¦But yeah, keep him and sell Theo.

Yes, am not sure what his best position is after seeing him do rather well as a right wing back against Boro.

As for selling Theo before him, again, yes, cause Theo has had 10 seasons and there is nothing to suggest he is going to get any better. I wouldnā€™t say the same for the Ox, especially under a new manager, if that happens.

Iā€™m far from his biggest fan but Walcott has scored 19 goals this season, thatā€™s two short of his best ever return for us and thatā€™s with 9 fewer games played at this stage.

Thatā€™s at least some sort of tangible value provided to the side, and whilst Iā€™d prefer him not to be starting every single week heā€™s worth having around.

2 Likes

Iā€™m completely in favour of holding onto Theo. Heā€™s a very good option off the bench, can play up front or out on the right. Chips in with 10-15 goals a season (or like you said nearly 20 this year). And had a knack for grabbing the occasional goal in big games too.

Let me be clear, am not suggesting that we should sell Theo. I said if we are considering selling Alex, I think players like Theo, Ramsey etc. should be sold first as IMO, Alex has more promise. Put differently, Alex would be the last of the British players that I would like to see leave, not counting the likes of Holding here of course.

Enjoy :wink:

1 Like

No, thanks!

3 Likes

i wondered which one of you or AC was going to pop up.

Oh, did you? Funny, since youā€™re by far the most frequent poster in this thread and Iā€™m not even in the 24-strong frequent poster list. :grinning:

Lol. Thanks for that update.

1 Like

No worries. Persecution complex is treatable, as far as I know. Talk to your therapist about it. :wink:

2 Likes

An anecdote i assume?

Heā€™s probably been our best CM this season lol. He should be playing there ahead of Xhaka, Coq, and Ramsey for sure.

He makes his first complete (and good) season with us aha ! I really like the way he plays since february. Big progress. Finallyā€¦

4 Likes