Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Heard Chamberlain wants out hence the potential sale. Makes sense seeing as Wenger recently said he wants to keep the British contingent.

Certainly no reason he has to be the only deadwood cleared out this summer. Hopefully our entire British Core is shown the door.

Do you want to play 38 friendly games next season instead of the Premier League?

We will need to have 8 (plus 2) homegrown players in the squad.

If Wengers still the manager thats tempting

Word is that Chamberlain wants out and itā€™s hardly surprising that one of them has finally woken up to the idea that their career is floundering under Wenger.

He doesnā€™t look happy on the pitch to me at all when Iā€™ve seen him recently. If itā€™s Ā£35m for him Iā€™d take it in a heartbeat. Liverpool may improve him and benefit from his better form this season but then, tough luck, thatā€™s just shrewd buying on their part. We should still be investing in tougher, better players than him

5 Likes

bet he becomes a beast under Klopp.

1 Like

Agreed.

Realistically we shouldnā€™t care if he does well for Liverpool because we should be buying someone better than him because why else sell?

But this is Arsenal weā€™re talking about. Weā€™ll probably get the next Gervinho

UGH the home grown rule is so boring. Even more boring is us priding ourselves on it while our competitors just go out there and buy their way around it while stacking up the trophies.

1 Like

We should just get 8 Richard Wrights and stick them in the reserves never to be seen again

Lol at least Jenkinson would have some company while heā€™s kept in whatever underground storage locker we keep him in.

Iwobiā€™s really the only half decent homegrown asset we have.

Bellerin is homegrown now, too.

Yeh forgot all about him tbh, certainly probably our best homegrown player if he remembers how to start playing football again. Would add Jack too but really starting to think his future is with Bournemouth.

1 Like

I refuse to believe that anyone wants to pay Ā£35m for Alex Oxlade Chamberlain. But if they do then Iā€™ll walk him there myself and even buy the club several bottles of Champagne!

Chesney is homegrown too, no? Might be worth bringing him back just for that

Yeh he is, though I do think people far too much emphasis on the homegrown thing, itā€™s like FFP having near 10 HG players and being good in FFP department certainly hasnā€™t done anything to make us more competitive in our league ambitions.

Coquelin says hi :coq:

2 Likes

Youā€™re clearly forgetting that this is the club who paid 35 million English pounds for Andrew Thomas Carroll.

8 Likes

I was actually looking up who all our HG players are after I said that because I knew i forgot a few, his name was first and it caught me by surprise a little. French, cheap and homegrown, no wonder heā€™s one of the first names on our teamsheet. Probably end up with a testimonial here, second to Theoā€™s.

The one player we have who actually kind of gives a shit.

1 Like

You canā€™t know that he could be happy the deal is going through. Not that I can blame him, weā€™re in a terrible position and at the very least Liverpool finally have a manager with a bit of influence in the European stage.