Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

If he started scoring a few easy tap ins, he could be known as a fox in the box to box Ox :facepalm:

1 Like

After watching people like Ramsey or Coquelin youā€™d think more people would be appreciative of Oxā€™s performance.

1 Like

Yea it is.

Yes we all get it is Chamberlain and you want him out of the club, however, heā€™s played very well.

Iā€™m not surprised though with the amount of negativity directed at him in spite of his performances. Damned if he does damned if he doesnā€™t at this point.

Not specifically directed at you but no one is saying heā€™s the reincarnation of Santi now, some of you need to ease the fuck up in all honesty.

Agreed.

http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/696x392/jul_13/gun__1372692608_sanogo_yaya1.jpg

5 Likes

Really AC? Really? Coming from you? :smile:

Until Santi is out, i prefer him as CM than
Xhaka or Ramsey.

1 Like

Erm I donā€™t know, I think Iā€™d still go with Xhaka and Elneny there. Itā€™s good to know we have an adequate stand in though.

Iā€™d absolutely prefer to play Xhaka there. If we arenā€™t going to give him the chance to settle into the side/league and start to show his ability then it was stupid to have spent so much money on him.

2 Likes

[quote=ā€œDarkseid, post:806, topic:104ā€]
Iā€™m not surprised though with the amount of negativity directed at him in spite of his performances.[/QUOTE]

This isnā€™t really it, though. If he were showing real, genuine promising signs of becoming a midfielder that is up to Arsenal standard then weā€™d say it. He hasnā€™t, though, if, youā€™re paying attention.

@shamrock tbh the backhanded compliment I gave Sanogo at the time (better than Giroud) is pretty similar to the one Iā€™ve given Ox here (better than Coquelin) :wenger:

[quote=ā€œAbouCuellar, post:812, topic:104, full:trueā€]

Haha If Iā€™m paying attention eh? Clearly I havenā€™t been so please enlighten me. And again youā€™re missing the point.

If it was Santi out there doing what heā€™s done would people be saying heā€™s playing below his level? Or that ā€œitā€™s just Hullā€? Or would they be saying itā€™s just Santi going about his business?

The fact itā€™s Chamberlain robs more than a few of objectivity IMO which is fine but at least admit it and donā€™t act otherwise.

Absolutely. Oxā€™s performances are really poor by Santiā€™s standards. Youā€™re reaching, honestly.

I call bullshit but Iā€™ll let you cook.

People really are forgetting that Santi isnt some world class midfielder. This is a classic ā€˜grass is greenerā€™ situation we always create with any player out for an extended period of time.

We have lost countless midfield battles with him on the pitch and i implore anyone and everyone to review his past seasons in a little more depth for clarity.

Just no, you two. Comparing Oxā€™s last 3 performances to Santiā€™s is justā€¦no. If Santi played like Ox did on Saturday Iā€™d wonder if he had had been drinking before the game.

2 Likes

He is though.

11 Likes

One word: hyperbole.

He really really really isnā€™t.

Heā€™s definitely world class.

Stop it.

Depends on your definition of world class? If you only think that a handful of central midfielders in the world are world class then Santi probably isnā€™t. But if you start saying 10-15 players that are then Iā€™d be betting that Santi is at least on par with some of them. The biggest concern with Cazorla now though is heā€™s 32 and half cooked with injury so he isnā€™t really the solution.

Any world class midfielder who has been playing for enough seasons could basically be said to have lost ā€œcountless midfield battlesā€ to be fair. Itā€™s football, it happens. We lost midfield battles with Vieira in the side, as United did with Keane, as did Liverpool with Gerrard etc.

1 Like