Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

I actually think Ox might be a decent shout for Klopp, he’s a tremendous athlete - some might even say attribute player - that given proper direction could be used quite effectively in a high press. He just isn’t good enough on the ball to play our possession based game and we all know Wenger will never get the best out of him by lighting a fire under his ass.

People say the likes of Payet would harm us as he’s defensively subpar just like Ozil, but our game is based around creativity and keeping possession. Coq is only an Arsenal player because he can win the ball back like a champ, it would be nice to see him sit deep in the anchor position while Xhaka finds Ozil/Payet and Alexis. Add Santi to that mix and our game would be far too intricate to handle for most teams.

So, what’s the message here?

He should start with Ozil and Sanchez, the picture says

1 Like

He wants 300K a week.

1 Like

He’s committed to Arsenal, wants to stay.

The picture clearly shows that he needs Özil and Alexis to hold his hand for when he defends himself against the OA haterz

1 Like

Obviously wasn’t comfortable being linked with a player of Oxlade’s calibre.

4 Likes

Poor Ox… If only he knew that he could take on half of them on his own.

What a way to ruin my Friday night lol :disappointed:

I’ve always been under the impression that it is not just the footballing intelligence that he lacks.

1 Like

The Ox sadly will never make it, like the other numpty from Southampton Walcott he lacks the nonce / a footballing brain, he fecks up more chances than he creates, we sure have some deadwood.

More like £300 per week.

1 Like

Fuck Xhaka Ramsey partnership they are absolutely atrocious. Time for Ox to emerge in that CM spot :ox:

1 Like

What attribute(s) that Ox possess that makes him a CM?
Tackling? Passing? Movement? Anticipation? Intelligence? Defending? Transitioning??

He played there before (a few times), and failed. Period.

He’s pretty good at giving the ball away and gifting the opposition a goal.

2 Likes

Don’t think he’s any worse than Ramsey and Xhaka in that category.

Poor Ox, he looks like a player for me that either needs a new setting to kickstart his career or needs a new manager to get the best out of him. I still think he’s a good solid mid table PL player, who have a few crappy games here and a few great there, score you 7 or 8 a season, get the odd call up for England. I could imagine him at somewhere like West Ham Stoke or Watford. Looks to me Wenger doesn’t have much faith in him anymore. He’s always been a in and out type player, he be brilliant for a few games, get injured and just can’t get that form back. I be very surprised if he’s a Arsenal player come next season.

2 Likes

Another pace merchant like Lennon. I never trust these kind of players.

One thing you can’t take away from Wenger is his ability to get a lot out of players and nurture there talent. We’ve seen it countless times over the past two decades.

The real issue is that he’s gone from nurturing talent like RVP, Fabregas and so forth to nurturing the likes of Ramsey and Chamberlain. There is a considerably difference in quality between what he used to nurture and what he is dealing with now.

I don’t ever doubt that as a manager he can get the best out of players. He just doesn’t sign the kind of players he used to and ultimately the limited talent that he’s dealing with is abundantly obvious when their careers stall and the talent we thought they had never materialises.

3 Likes

Not sure that Ibra story was true or not.
He did not join us because Wenger/Arsenal wanted a tryout and he was pissed.

Sometimes it is up to the players to make that decision to join whatever club.