Alex Iwobi

I really like his gun celebration.

P.S. It went in so good finish, Alex. :stuck_out_tongue:

Goals get lashed in like that by the likes of Aguero all the time and no one says anything about the finish. He took it well.

4 Likes

Yea canā€™t see the issue with the finish at all, he readjusted himself to ensure he got maximum power and he really gave the keeper no chance.

1 Like

The finish was that of a Gunman

1 Like

Or even a Gunner :eyes:

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything wrong with the finish as such, it went in after all and was very well struck. Just when I saw it live I thought he had top cornered it but on the replay I saw it was fairly central, so it wasnt quite as good as I initially thought when it seemed unsaveable.

1 Like

Any strikers on this forum? How are you taught to finish when you are one on one with a good keeper.

1. In between the legs. tough to accomplish, but most difficult to save.
  2. curl far side
  3. hard directly over the head aiming for roof of the net
  4. low, hard near side
  5. lob if GK is close to the penalty spot.

Remember the GK generally keeps arms out to the side in a 1 v 1 with a striker.

It was a good finish. Hard over the head, no chance the GK brings his hands back up in time to stop the shot from that close.

Give the guy some credit. He had a few options, picked one and finished clinically.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s me :wave: Speaking as a natural goalscorer, Iā€™d say instinct takes over and you just look to stick the old pigs bladder in the onion bag really, leave the analysis for the pundits

1 Like

^ Michelle Owen. :thinking:

5 Likes

He was close enough and had enough surface area to score into that power was fine in this case. Obviously, it was closer to the keeper than I had first thought and he was a tad fortunate that GK didnā€™t throw his hands up, but generally they try to make themselves more wide.

I like to fake to get the GK to bite, then decide how to react. A lot of times they lose their bearings just enough that you can find a side to imbalance. In the case of Iwobi, he had to react fast and smash it, so power and height was a good choice, just make sure you get it on frame and donā€™t hit it over the bar.

Iā€™m not a striker but my preference is to lob him the moment he comes out. Nothing better than a beautifully executed chip

As a centre back my favourite kind of goal to score was a thumping header.

Though to be fair I literally never scored a goal with either of my feet so I wouldnā€™t know how that feels haha

4 Likes

Me too, played CB. Headers feel great, I had a poor mans David Luiz type boot on me, scored a couple worldies from way out :smile: Fun just because everyone is like where the fuck did that come from?

my football career:
CB im primary school
RB secondary school
Hungover mess that didnā€™t know his arse from his elbow at powerleague.

Goals werent my thing either lads.

1 Like

I was more a Nesta/Xabi hybrid tbqflads.

My finishing is proper Walcott ā€˜smash it right to the keepers handsā€™ style unfortunately.

1 Like

Im guessing we arenā€™t signing up for a 5 aside tournament any time soon then?

:clap:

And the first goal

8 Likes

Going to give Ramsey some competition for who can be the best for their national team and worst for Arsenal awards.

3 Likes

Do you really think Iwobi is bad for us?