Alex Iwobi

Fuck me this guy needs to pull his socks up and realise he aint some big megastar after one good season.

Was awful last night and actually cannot remember him playing that well in a long time.

2 Likes

I like Iwobiā€¦but he does seem to be declining already? Maybe its because he doesnt have to fight for his place as much, which just means hes probably not giving it his all in his development nowā€¦

Yeah heā€™s definitely already declining.

This 20 year old kid peaked for 4 months at 19 and is now declining, time to ship him off to the knackers.

10 Likes

He just needs to be taken out of the team for a bit to recoup which is normal for youngsters. Already looking a bit burned out lately. Need to re-ignite his hunger.

Maybe when Welbz has fully rehabilitated heā€™ll be first choice, but for now Lucas more than deserves a few starts.

7 Likes

I Think the lad is playing too much of a big role

hes an young player - probaly at best bring him on last 30 mins to do soemthing his current role playing every game i dont see much from him but i think he will be at talent just dont wanna see him start every game would rather have lucas or wellbeck on that side

I do agree. He is having a very average season.

Has he been acting like one?

3 Likes

Or maybe heā€™s a kid whoā€™s still learning his craft and is playing a little more than maybe he should beā€¦

8 Likes

Yes that too

No but he does have exceptionally low socks so overall I agree with the sentiment.

3 Likes

Draxler is getting 180k Euros per week, we should not be spending that much on Draxler. Oh and Iwobi has more goals and assists than Draxler this season.

If anyone want a front three composed by Theo, Lucas or Welbeck and Sanchez, - plus Ɩzil - despite on midfield we have only Granit as playmaker (and unfortunately he isnā€™t too mobile), for me is crazy.

WTF, this is real football, not Fifa!!

A team need balance, and with four offensive players on the pitch, the team are unbalanced!!!

1 Like

Lucas Perez over Iwobi anytime, just anytime.
Well, we know Wenger. If Ramsey is healthy, he would have started all the games.
His favoritism is just out of the universe.

According to Iwobi the fans need to show more respect to Wenger and we are impatient in terms of results. The kid really needs to pipe down as the last time we came close to winning the league he was in Primary School.

2 Likes

He owes too much to Wenger to be objective.

Heā€™s been played liked heā€™s some kind of key player and not the project that he is.

1 Like

Iwobi has a whole new respect from me.

1 Like

Yeah it doesnā€™t help at this point - the team and AW need to prove it on the pitch with resultsā€¦ more these past heroes and others come around to defend the manager, the more it just looks like the cult of Wenger, board included.

What a joke, Iwobi saying we should respect Wenger, yet he and most of the team have been performing like theyā€™re playing in the Ryman Football League! Is that respecting the manager?!

He also said:

"I donā€™t know exactly whatā€™s going on. But me, personally, Iā€™d like him to stay. No matter who is in the job, or who gets the role, weā€™re always going to fight for the manager, every player always gives 100 per cent, no matter what, weā€™ll just play.

ā€œHe always backs our players and he is a great man. Heā€™s been great to me as well, Iā€™ll always back him, no matter what. For what heā€™s done for me, Iā€™d like to say thank you, for bringing me in to such a world class team, and Iā€™m playing almost regularly.ā€

No surprise really. Very few other managers would have given him as much game time as Wenger has given him over the last year.

1 Like

I remember when I wasnā€™t convinced he was one of the best talents in Europe lol.

Heā€™s a good player with good fundamentals but fuck me did some people overrate the quality of our squad in the summer.

5 Likes

We??? Really??
Even West Brom displayed better fighting spirit than us, and they looked more like fighting for their manager than you guys.

World class team?? Fuck off.
Because we are not world class and thatā€™s why you can play regularly.
Put you on a real world class team, you are just a project that will get loan out.

1 Like