Alex Iwobi

Thought Iwobi was excellent 2nd half yesterday

Was causing them all sorts of trouble until he was switched!

1 Like

Ehm. Whilst I think his work regarding youth players is slighty overrated at the same time there are very little topmanagers out there who give chances to youth players.

1 Like

Donā€™t disagree at all. When I say I hope they get a chance under a manager where they can be in a set-up where they can have real success I mean I hope they can play for a manager under which they can win important titles, because at least a few of those players certainly have the quality to make it at the top level, starting with Iwobi and Holding of course.

Our new deep-lying playmaker on saturday :wenger:

4 Likes

Even if Sanchez or Ozil leave this summer, having this guy around represents the big hope of the club going forward I think. Really like him as a player and he looks the right sort of character from what Iā€™ve seen on the Arsenal videos as well, level-headed and humble. Contrast with Frimpong etc

1 Like

A football video with a banging tune makes it so much better! :sunglasses: Great watch. Iwobi is such a baller

1 Like
  1. Alexis
  2. Iwobi
  3. Ozil

:zipper_mouth:

My problem with Iwobi is that he lacks the end product. Wilshere was as exciting to watch when he was his age or younger but look where he is now. I actually think Wenger is at fault for Wilshereā€™s development because he protected/restrained him too much when he was young and wild. Hopefully Iwobi will emerge as a complete player in the next several years and wouldnā€™t stall as Wilshere did.

3 Likes

Heā€™s still a kid and has produced some very tidy finishes. I hope with age and confidence he will grow more clinical, but he has shown considerably more end-product than for example Oxlade-Chamberlain did around his age.

2 Likes

The only fault in jacks development is his glass ankles tbh.

1 Like

https://streamable.com/0pf0q

1 Like

@Phoebica will disagree, but Iwobi is really not good enough, sorry

1 Like

Untouchable why?

Should not be nailed down in the starting XI at all.

Should not be in the starting XI at all

1 Like

Heā€™s simply not good enough to justify the amount of minutes heā€™s getting. Shouldnā€™t be starting regularly for a club with real ambition

2 Likes

Heā€™s not getting into the starting line up of any other top team.

Says plenty.

He is just a project, and Perez should start ahead of him (not this game because of injury) long time ago.

Heā€™s only getting the minutes heā€™s getting because our wide options are so diabolical.

3 Likes

Heā€™s still in his infancy so cant put too much on his head. Its the managerā€™s fault for giving him too many minutes.

5 Likes