Alex Iwobi

Reverting to Ramsey being a permanent starter on the wing as a viable option shows how much we are in need of another top quality forward player.

2 Likes

Who is to come in to replace Iwobi though?

Thereā€™s people that would rather die than see Chambo or Ramsey play.

Agreed. I still wish he hadnā€™t let go of Joel Cambell. While not top class, he was definitely a handy player. But thereā€™s definitely room in this squad for a quality wide forward.

Sanchez

Campbell - Ozil - Walcott

Nice. I like that. Rotate between Iwobi and Campbell. Would have been good.

Yeah Campbell would have been a good option.

Ridiculous how he let Campbell go on loan and kept Chamberlain.

Still think Wenger had some agenda against Campbell the way he treated him last season

Goal and assist in his last game

Iā€™d love to see

Walcott----Ozil----Sanchez
--------------Perez-----------

When perez comes back. I think that could be our strongest line up with Giroud as a back up.

1 Like

:iwobi:

https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4/09dd.mp4?token=1480184088_63e4cc4e3bdd0b7a6645e434445d39e7fc2a8ef7

8 Likes

Id prefer to see he is capable of a quality finish rather than fancy flicks etc

2 Likes

Haha cā€™mon man, itā€™s a player confident in his abilities expressing himself. Enjoy it. Heā€™s 21 (or 20?) and doing the business for Arsenal, and heā€™s got confidence, thatā€™s good for him and for us.

4 Likes

Heā€™s got a lot of potential for a young player which is great but Im still concerned by the fact he has failed to score a single goal this season as part of a forward 4, when the chances arrive he also seems very timid with his finishing.

Try to smell the roses once in a while would you?

3 Likes

Im just saying how I see it, the guy has a lot of potential and is a talent but I think some are getting slightly carried away with how good he is at the moment as he still needs to add goals to his come to become legit.

Youā€™re commenting on a four second meaningless clip thats actually nothing more than a ā€œthat was niceā€ moment. He showed he is capable of a nice finish a couple of times last season fwiw.

4 Likes

Scored some nice goals last season, he has had some good chances and had them on target this season but always a good to spectacular save or a last ditch tackle.

Heā€™s currently got 2 goals in 35 appearances for Arsenal so I wouldnā€™t say heā€™s showcased that finishing potential often thus far.

There is more to it though than just scoring goals, look at Rosicky for example (yeah i know he was injured a lot) but he was a fan favourite for a reason his passes link up play and orchestration was beautiful to behold. He popped up with the odd decent goal but his goal stats for club and country were nothing special but his overall effect on the game was something massive.

1 Like

Yeah that is true and Im not trying to completely knock Iwobi as his link up play amongst other things is generally very good and heā€™s only 20. I think my concerns are because we donā€™t have a 30 goal a year player in our side we need all of the forward 4 contributing in terms of goals.

And in the youths. Tbh in the youths the thing he most stood out for was his finishing.

He seems to be playing well for his NT since choosing to represent Nigeria, a lot better than joining the circus job that is England. Far less exposure and I imagine not so stressful. Good to see him expressing himself in such a different setting, it must bode well for his development as a player. Is he due another game do we know? He looked like he needed a rest before going into this interlull.