Aaron Ramsey

I like the ‘Why should i mate?’
As if Ramsey asked him to give a fuck about his career and now owes him a reason to continue giving fuck.

Cringe

1 Like

Haha exactly @Trion

His position in the squad should be a back up to Ozil at the No 10 position, used on the right if Theo and Ox are terrible out of form ( Which we know is possible)

1 Like

Ramsey talking about playing in the middle again

1 Like

So he needs to accept he is a back up.

I’d prefer you to play in the middle of the park, too, Aaron.

For Everton.

7 Likes

Watching him as a “winger” in the UCL match was infuriating. He wanders all over the pitch, destroys the shape of the team and often left Jenks all alone. He creates massives gaps in the team with his lack of discipline. By his own words, he wants to play centrally; thus, he wants to be on the ball as much as possible dictating tempo.

We are a much better side with 2 proper wingers with pace who understand their role on the flanks. I like Alexis up front too as his movement, pace and defensive pressure are something we haven’t had in a long time.

That annoyed the hell out of me; we ended in a weird shape like in midfield because he was disciplined enough.

Tbh it’s not like Iwobi and Walcott ever stay wide.

Ramsey just came back from injury, give the guy a break.

1 Like

He can’t play in the middle either because of the same reason. He wanders all over the pitch and is not disciplined enough. Thus the reason IMO his only place in this team is as Özil’s backup.

1 Like

I never enjoyed his style of football but he is still a quality footballer.
Think we should sell and get someone better.

2 Likes

Said it quite a few times but Ramsey would be a much superior player under a manager who instilled tactical discipline and flexibility in him.

If he is to make any further progress it will have to be under a new manager who does not accept his penchant for wandering all over the pitch with reckless abandon, it’s funny because Ramsey does have the ability to be someone to perform the Santi role, however, he has simply not been groomed to do so. His attacking mindset has not been curbed or balanced out and it shows again and again.

However, there is something to be said for the player himself recognising that there are limitations to his game and if wants to become better as well as more well rounded then he has to learn and implement the other side of the game. Considering he’s had Santi there for years it’s baffling as to why he hasn’t taken more from him.

No, he hasn’t. He can’t move the ball as quickly as Cazorla by quick one-touch play or dribbles in tight spaces. His technical level is just not good enough.

2 Likes

You don’t need to dribbler to be a controller i.e. Kroos, Xhaka, Fabregas et al.

As for moving the ball quickly, he does that often although yeah he’ll lose it too but that stems from opting not to keep things simple most of the time.

I don’t know if I would put Xhaka on the same level as Kroos or Fabregas though. Ramsey also comes nowhere near the passing ability those two have.

I’m not saying he’s on the same level though, it was merely to list a few DLP’s who do not dribble anywhere near as much as Santi does.

Ramsey doesn’t have to have their passing ability but he needs to be more balanced if he is to become a better player that was the point.

As important–more important really–as his technical ability not being good enough for that position is the fact that his decision making, or, well, everything about playing that position mentally, is awful.

He’s just not a central midfielder at the highest level, period.

1 Like

True his decision making is not up to standard but again does some blame lie with his football education? How many of these players that have come through have fully blossomed. All of them seem to hit a wall in ability in the stages of their development perhaps because they were not destined to join the upper echelons, however, maybe the club has a hand in that too.

If he was Spanish, German or Italian he’d be a totally different prospect altogether.

Ramsey has a hell of a lot of incredible qualities. Talk of selling is absurd. He definitely does require further development, but so does everyone else in the team.

He has shown enough quality for club and country to warrant a place here for sure.

1 Like

On the bench. Most def. Next to his buddies Giroud and Walcott.