Starting to not like Ramsey lol

2 Likes

Solid performance tonight.

2 Likes

didn’t offer a thing during this game.

1 Like

make saving the rhinos your full time job as your not good at your current one

1 Like

He won more possession for us than anyone else did. Further down the pitch and did a much better job than he did at OT, compared to the rest of the team he did alright.

4 Likes

One of the better players tonight. Few too many backward passes but better performance and work rate than most of his team mates.

Easy to look decent when we play like we did today, he’s still surplus regardless.

Yeah not his biggest fan but he was one of our better players in the game last night.

1 Like

Wow he was lively, making some nice tackles and was probably our best forward player tonight. Our midfield overall got dominated but it wasn’t Ramsey’s fault.

2 Likes

I hope he has a few more decent games and then he can get his dream move to Barcelona.
It’s clear his ambitions far outweigh his talent, so perhaps it would better for everyone, certainly us, if he got the move he thinks he deserves.

1 Like

I don’t care where he wants to go. Just sell him to get some cash in.

There is nothing wrong with constantly wanting to achieve more and more. That sort of drive is what gets each and every footballer to where they are today.

He probably has little intention of leaving Arsenal, but if he found that Mahrez esqe spark again then it’s not wrong to have the media ask provocative questions that associate him with the top clubs. Anything for a scoop, right?

TBH after the Euros we could have probably got in the region of £40m for his services. Was the perfect time to cash in on him.

6 Likes

In this age of obscene money though, even £40m isn’t so much (!!!) anymore. Perhaps when you’re absolutely dripping in money, players sales is going the way of matchday revenue, i.e. increasingly unimportant as a revenue stream.

So there’s always a chance that Ramsey comes good again, we’ve seen it before. Perhaps the logic for a club that doesn’t need to sell was just to sit on Ramsey and wait for any spark to reignite.

I think the problem with Ramsey is that, like Walcott and Chamberlain, they have all been here a long time and are no longer prospects, they should be the real thing.
Walcott is our longest serving player and Ramsey is not that far off, so the fact Wenger is still picking players like this regardless of their form shows he hasn’t learned from previous players that have loitered around, on massive wages but not reached the required level.

We could have got 60m for Ramsey and Walcott, and easily bought a player like Reus or Griezman but Wenger stubbornness and obsession with certain players has held us back.

If it was a choice between watching Reus in an Arsenal shirt, or yet another season of mediocrity with Ramsey and Walcott, I know what I’d prefer.

Keep dreaming.

lol low ambitions, why stop there? We could’ve added Giroud for £25m, Wilshere for £25m, Ox for £15m, pushed in another £50m from that £200m warchest and gotten Messi instead. Wenger out, everyone out. Clear the room.

I for one, will never understand why we never bought Messi.

5 Likes

Nothing easy about signing either player. Nothing.

[quote=“oompa, post:278, topic:95, full:true”]

lol low ambitions, why stop there? We could’ve added Giroud for £25m, Wilshere for £25m, Ox for £15m, pushed in another £50m from that £200m warchest and gotten Messi instead. Wenger out, everyone out. Clear the room.

I for one, will never understand why we never bought Messi.
[/quote]Why would Messi come here?

That’s just a stupid argument.

If you’re telling me that 60m couldn’t have got Reus or Griezman, then perhaps Wenger hasn’t got the pulling power you think he has.