Aaron Ramsey

Lots of things about this bloke piss me off, especially the fact he thinks he is 3 times better than he actually is.

2 Likes

I think we saw how Ramsey’s availability from the bench could derail our season.

Arsene loves Ramsey and has tried desperately to shoehorn him into the team even when it’s clear he is not a right winger.

In the current set up Ramsey would have to play midfield but he has to play a little smarter and a little less selfish. I would much rather have seen Elneny come on today.

Ramsey’s cameo wasn’t nearly as bad as Ox’s but he still killed plenty of attacks with his decision making. I’m afraid we’ll have to get used to seeing this because Arsene WILL play him.

He’s a good player, not as good as he thinks he is, but he doesn’t seem to fit the system where he has to sometimes pass to the player in a better position.

2 Likes

one season wonder merchant.

go save the rhino’s and leave our midfield they need you more than us.

Ramsey out Dahoud in?

Dahoud is definitely someone that can be groomed to replace Santi.

One thing is for certain Ramsey will be phased out by anyone not named Arsene Wenger.

3 Likes

Remember when he was branded World Class after that one season wonder :poldi:

1 Like

What is strange is that he’s always been like this. He got on everyones nerves before that season. Then all of a sudden everything he touched turned to gold for like a year straight. Lol guess it was just luck?

2 Likes

We lived in hope but it’s become increasingly apparent that it was simply Ramsey playing 10/10 football which he cannot sustain.

With Wenger we’re stuck with him and there will soon come a period where he is shoe-horned into the team to its detriment.

It wasn’t that he was a one season wonder. He just did well in a system where he was the only runner we had. We had no pace on the wings or up front when he was scoring so many goals. Ever since that has been the case he has been completely irrelevant.

I did say we should sell him after that season when he started saying playing for the Spanish two would be a dream
Should have cashed in while we could as he has done exactly fuck all since.

2 Likes

I’m not mad at Ramsey the player, but the comment about Madrid and Barca does irk me. If he thinks he’s even close to being good enough to play for them he’s delusional. He strikes me as the type that is in love with the fame aspect of being a professional athlete but he doesn’t want to work hard enough to be that great.

3 Likes

Thought he played really well when he came on. He should start vs United.

Bit of both, tbh, the system did suit him but he was also just on fire and having everything go right for him, unsustainably like Vardy.

I guess you were the guy in the stand catching his ‘shots’?

You mean his one shot over the bar?

1 Like

I don’t want him anywhere near the starting XI. He has an almost Giroud-like disruptive influence on the way we play.

1 Like

He’d be better for them though or for like a Liverpool or scum style just that constant charge forward type of team that lets you run around wherever when you don’t have the ball.

Anyway, get rid of him he’s killing the Arsenal career of a potential new signing replacement and we can’t have that at this club.

Played really for Wales vs Serbia. Its almost like he plays with the pressure off his shoulders there and has more of a free role. When he plays for us its like people are just waiting for him to make a mistake to jump on his back.

What? Wait. Are you implying that arsenal fans would actually want to see an Arsenal player fail so that they can jump on them for any little mistake and feel smug about their own analysis of them?

No, surely not.

6 Likes

Or Chris Coleman :ozil2:

I agree.
We could have got around 30m for him after his good season, and spent the money on a player who dreamed of playing for us, rather than Real Madrid or Barcelona.

So I’m reading all this stuff about Ramsey and top of the “Suggested Threads” is someone by the name of Yaya Sanogo. Gave me a bit of perspective, that.:ramsey:

1 Like

Ramsey is another in a very long line of players that struggle to find a natural fit in “the system” ! It makes me wonder if it’sthe system thats the problem and not the Players !

Messers Podolski and Gnabry certainly think so !