25 years of the Premier League

1 Like

I think youā€™ve spelt Bergkamp wrongā€¦

2 Likes

Aguero maybe deserves a place in an all time Premier League XI

Nah, donā€™t rate him.

you disgusting human being :cech:

Iā€™m sorry, I think weā€™re speaking different languages. Can you please repeat that?

1 Like

Can you rate a player who played in a different era to your time watching footy? Bergkamp for example had already retired but his legacy and some of his goals shows he was a great player

Yes

I guess Bergkampā€™s legacy helps his case then

If there was ever a player who is easy to appreciate itā€™s Dennis Bergkamp. He mystified me growing up and now that Iā€™m older I still donā€™t understand how he made the complex look so simple.

Itā€™s certainly easier to rate a player who you watched week in week out but some players are so incredibly special that even just by watching their highlights and repeats you can tell they have a kind of ability that doesnā€™t come around too often.

4 Likes

So hipster with Ivanovic and Suarez

1 Like

Since Iā€™ve become a die-hard Qarabagista I donā€™t degrade myself with such low level hipster anymore.

I did one then it didnā€™t load properly. I had Shearer and Bergkamp as my front twoā€¦

Hereā€™s the 25 year table taken in May 2017

Huddersfield would be 48th and Brighton 49th

1 Like

Leeds United 13th overall despite being relegated in 2004 haha. Shows how well they did before going bankrupt

2 Likes

Looks like the entire country got the wrong answer too :dizzy_face:

I think heā€™s spelt Gerrard wrong as well.

Bergkamp is the epitome of class.
Ozil is the nearest we have had to his talent, in the way he can also make the difficult look easy.
But the difference between the two is that Bergkamp was more consistent, stronger physically and mentally and scored goals that are regularly played on greatest goal compilations.
Also Bergkamp played in the greatest attacking side in Europe, winning trophies every season and being part of the Invincibles.

As much as I like Ozil, it shows how far our standards have dropped, when he is considered our second best player.

Giggs is the most overrated player in PL history. Absolutely does not deserve to be there. Iā€™d put Pires there or even Hazard before Iā€™d think about Giggs. And if I wasnā€™t about to sleep Iā€™d probably list a few more too.

4 Likes

Good point, Harry kewell and Darren huckerby and criag Bellamy are a few Iā€™d name lol