2018 FIFA World Cup

Mate before the match started I wanted France to win. But you can’t deny that being gifted two goals makes for easier playing. So the next two goals they scored aren’t good or special to me at all.

Croatia dominated the first half. France had 1 shot which was a penalty. Sorry, but that’s not great or special.

WC final has been destroyed by poor officiating.

2 Likes

This. There should be as big an asterisk against this win as against any of Chelsea’s titles after abramovich took over.

I wouldn’t mind seeing him win the Ballon d’Or but the ref had other ideas.

1 Like

Given it’s 4-1 I disagree. The first 2 goals were lucky, but the set piece was a good set piece. The third goal spoke volumes about their quality. Pogba opens it up for Mbappe. Mbappe took 3 defenders out, Griezman picked out Pogba who shot on 1 foot, blocked and scored on his other foot. Most teams don’t have players like Mbappe who take out 3 players and Pogba who can score with both feet.

1 Like

Giroud has had a poor tournament overall, how did he start this game?

Giroud shaking hands with the French MOTM. :mkhi:

Unfortunately there are no asterisks next to any of Chelsea’s league wins

So without either of those two first goals you think France just take the game over like they now have because they have an advantage gifted them by this very biased ref as further shown by pulling the play back there.

I hate football.

1 Like

Man I wish we signed Modric when we had the chance

This cunt definitely of the Mike Dean school of making it all about him.

Should have known from the hairline.

2 Likes

On what basis do you say he is biased rather than incompetent?

Yea. That way he could have joined Madrid a year earlier.

The final match doesn’t invalidate France’s efforts throughout the tournament lol. Sour grapes

They’ve beaten Argentina, Uruguay and Belgium on their way to the final.

1 Like

History is written by the winners.

The quality of France’s 3rd and 4th goals is going to dilute much of the “what if?” debate surrounding the shocking pen decision

If it had ended 2-1…

1 Like

Barcelona

1 Like

Yes, I still think France win, too much quality. Even their free kick own goal was part quality delivery.

2 Likes

He’s given a free kick for a dive that resulted in a goal. He’s given a penalty that never was in a million years in the biggest game in anyone involved’s history. If he was impartial it’s a goal kick.

1 Like

Not being funny but really didn’t answer my question.

He’s given huge decisions in favour of one team… I think that defines a bias.

1 Like

The decision to give that fk wasn’t huge.

1 Like