2016/17 Season Predictions

Wouldn’t rule Chelsea out. They somehow got through Conte’s adaption period only a pt off the top. If Hazard and Costa hit form and either Zouma comes back the same player he was before or they add a defender in January, they can be a major threat under Conte.

3 Likes

I think 4 teams can realistically win the Title, City defiantly the most likely and then Arsenal ( Pretty unlikely we will) l, Liverpool & Chelsea are some sort of chance. Tottenham are good but I just think they are too reliant on Kane for goals & Man United I have no idea what the fuck is going on.

We’re gonna win the league! We’re gonna win the league!

2 Likes

I’m thinking this year might actually be our year, but damn its hard not to expect massive disappointment.

1 Like

Yeah my original prediction was 4th, but I also thought that ManU and Chelsea would be much tougher… I also wasn’t sure what to expect from Spurs and 'Pool. At this point I’d revise to say 2nd, maybe 3rd, but one can’t help get excited at the prospect of an actual deep title run.

On what bases? Our current record is a little bit inflated at this point.

1 Like

That’s true - the November gauntlet will give us a more well-rounded perspective as to where we stand.

I would only start believing we can win it if we can beat both Tottenham and Manure.

3 Likes

We still haven’t achieved anything yet we haven’t achieved in several seasons in the past decade, get some real positive results against both Manchester’s away & Tottenham at home & sit top at Christmas then we have more reason to be optimistic IMO.

We’ve sat top at Christmas for several seasons now, and we also win a lot of big matches the issue is being consistent. I won’t feel confident no matter how good we play until we are top of the table in May. Still though we have been playing very well. Consistency is key though.

2 Likes

Yeah your not wrong, we seem to always have a period at some point in the season where we go on a run of 2 or 3 wins in a 10 game stretch, which you simply can’t afford if you want to be Champions.

1 Like

Last year we beat City away and picked up a full 6 pointer against Leicester in the second half. Then we lost to a shit united side and Swansea at home, both unforgivable results. We have to just keep up the form for two halves of a season for once and we can do it.

1 Like

I think last year between games 20-30 we only won 2 or 3 league matches ( that period included the Swansea & United results) I reckon since 2005 you could find a 10 game bracket that we have only won 2 or 3 matches in every season. The league is just to difficult to win when you drop that many points in bunches.

@AbouCuellar how do these tally with your own % probability ratings? :smiley:

2 Likes

This season really is going to end up just like any other from the last 10 isn’t it? :xhaka:

3 Likes

“Finishing 4th in a such tight league, especially this season, is like a trophy” :wenger:

1 Like

6th-7th place is a real possibly now (No one went for either option!).

What a total collapse we’re witnissing in 2017.

Mysty stop digging up these depressing posts and threads pls thnx

So? We are gonna still qualify to the Europa League :wink:

:hipster: