2016/17 FA Cup

Only two all PL ties if I remember correctly.

Everton - Leicester City and West Ham United - Manchester City.

edit: Hull City - Swansea as well.

Championship sides away arenā€™t really exciting draws.

1 Like

Weā€™re not at home either. What are opposition fans going to moan about now?! :grin:

At least its a different team who we havenā€™t played for years. Hopefully picked for TV coverage

3 Likes

New ground for me and another credit in the bag, iā€™ll take that.

Edit: actually our allocation will be sub-2500 so might be touch and go with the new price cap :santi:

2 Likes

Not that long ago Preston did quite a decent upgrade in stadium capacity, so should be a good turn out.

A clash of the Invivicibles sides :per:

2 Likes

Definitely a chance weā€™ll lose that, especially if itā€™s a performance in line with the League Cup this season.

Knew it was years ago. We last played each other in the previous century! :wink:

millennium even!

2 Likes

Pretty sure we then when on to get tossed by Leicester on penalties in the next round that season.

[quote=ā€œCalum, post:28, topic:984ā€]
Knew it was years ago. We last played each other in the previous century! :wink:
[/quote]For some reason, I knew weā€™d played them at some point in the last 20 years, but I just couldnā€™t put my finger on as to when exactly, so good find @Calum :smiley: Funnily enough, it was at their ground, and also in the 3rd round.

In case anyone needs a reminder of how it went. We were 2-0 down and came back to win 4-2!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQN-WV5t2XI

3 Likes

Good draw. I canā€™t complain. The only problem is that itā€™s gonna be so cold :smiley:

Petitā€™s free kick :giroud2:

Actually, Petit :giroud2:

2 Likes

Should of kept the football museum there. First invincibles and all that, was a good idea for me.
Love the pictures they do in the seats too. Sad but true.

Could be Edmonton (this one here in Alberta :slight_smile:) away, itā€™s -27 here today. Thatā€™s freezinā€™ for ya.

^ Thatā€™s for Luca, too.:slight_smile:

We donā€™t like dodgy pitches and cold weather, that could potentially be a leveller for Preston. We should come away with a win though.

Weā€™ve dealt really rather comfortably with Forest and Reading this season and itā€™s fairly probable that PNE will go the same way, even with a rotated squad.

TV games have been selected:

Friday 6 January 2017:
West Ham v Man City, 7.55pm, BBC1

Saturday 7 January:
Man Utd v Reading, 12.30pm, BT Sport
PNE v Arsenal, 5.30pm, BT Sport

Sunday 8 January:
Liverpool v Plymouth or Newport, 1.30pm, BT Sport
Spurs v Villa, 4pm, BBC

Monday 9 January
Cambridge v Leeds, 7.45pm, BT Sport

Interesting stat, this is Man Unitedā€™s 55th FA cup game in a row that has been selected for TVā€¦

2 Likes

430 am game in Melbourne which is annoying.